Project Coordinator ‘Manasati30’
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment.
Manasati30 offers a digital space where young people can come together to voice their opinions and share their stories, regardless of their social, political or economic backgrounds. The project has teams in both North and South Yemen with contributions from a large network of changemakers across the whole country. To learn more about our project, visit our platform https://manasati30.com/
Apply here to become part of a passionate and experienced team. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as getting working experience in an international organization.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Vacancy number 20 –007
for our project Manasati30.
Based in Aden/ Hadramout governorates
40 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, for one year with potential for renewal.
About RNW Media
RNW Media helps people speak freely, have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically – and find the information they need to make their own choices about their future. RNW Media is active in China and in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world.
Reporting to the Regional Manager located at the Headquarters in Hilversum, you will be responsible for coordinating the local activities and projects in Yemen and managing the local team.
You’ll work closely with a dedicated team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the different activities and projects in Yemen and make sure they all contribute to the impact described in the projects TOC or logical frameworks;
- Manage local team and ensure it meets targets and deadlines; recruit local staff and interns in coordination with the regional manager; (provide input for) performance evaluations;
- Deliver quality progress and financial reports per agreed quarterly reporting deadlines and standards;
- Develop effective and efficient proposals and partnerships in line with our TOC and business strategy;
- Financial management: draft budgets, monitor and report;
- Guarding editorial and engagement strategy in all content and resources of the website and social media platforms;
- Plan, conceptualize and implement offline events with team members and represent RNW Media and the projects in Yemen at relevant events and conferences;
- Implement country security log, keep it updated and implement follow-up actions in coordination with the Regional Manager;
- Oversees the safety and security of the platform and the team;
Knowledge and experience
- 3+years relevant experience with (I)NGOs; preferably former experience with Peace-building projects.
- University Degree in a relative field;
- Has experience with converting proposals and agreements to legal contracts;
- Has knowledge and experience with partnership building, optimising it from a business perspective. Is able to identify, approach and coordinate partnerships;
- Track record with programme development and management and successful in raising funds for NGOs;
- Native/near native speaker of Arabic /country language and excellent English language abilities;
- Project management experience;
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media;
- Experience in coordinating a team and taking responsibility for colleagues’ performance;
- Experience with media is a plus;
- Strong organisation and communication skills.
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 40 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying HERE before 21 February 2020.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF OR DOCX;
- Acquisition is not appreciated;
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.