Graphic Design Intern
We are looking for a native French speaking and Fluent English speaking Content Developer to implement and maintain the content strategy for our programmes in French and in English. Are you eager to develop yourself in an international environment? Read along!
At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make their own informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
Purpose of the position
Supports in implementing the content strategy for our programmes of Citizen’s Voice and Love Matters in our French speaking countries. Evaluates the effectiveness of the programmes’ content and optimises content for all programmes and regions.
Positioning in the organisation
A junior position in the Digital Team. The Content Developer reports to the Content Strategist in the Digital team. Collaborates with the thematic Content Strategists at the Headquarters in Hilversum and with various international remote teams.
What do you have to do?
- Works alongside Content Strategist to implement and maintain the content strategy for programmes in French speaking countries and in the English language on platforms in other countries
- Implements and maintains the style and editorial guidelines for programmes in French speaking countries and in the English language on platforms in other countries
- Liaises with thematic content strategists and regional teams who translate technical content strategy into digital projects and products;
- Collaborates with (thematic) content strategists on setting the targets for success;
- Supports in coordinating the implementation and strategy of success metrics across all sites;
- Co-Creates framework for content/process for research into optimizing user experience;
- Turns research results into recommendation for products that work for the implementation teams;
- Gives input on content and proposals for new formats;
- Stays up to date with content strategy and format developments
- Works alongside international colleagues on maintaining content tags through regular audits
- Supports the international colleagues in understanding and using digital metrics
- Gets regular feedback from international colleagues to adjust content strategy accordingly
What do you need to have?
- Native communication skills in French and fluent in English
- 2+ years relevant experience in digital content;
- In- depth knowledge of web content and mobile strategy;
- Experience with working with remote international teams in different time zones;
- Good understanding of SEO (including navigation, SEO tagging, etc) and content formats
- Excellent (intercultural) communication skills
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in the regions. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest.
The Hilversum Mediapark train station is only a 10-minute walk. We offer a 7 months contract based on 32 or 36 hours, with potential for extension. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before July 6th 2018
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- Acquisition is not appreciated
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false” ajax=”true”]