Coordinator for Love Matters Arabic Project
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment. To apply to become the leader of a passionate and experienced team, then please follow the instructions below. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as gain experience in digital media.
About RNW Media
RNW Media co-creates digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms— using websites, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and can interact in a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
About Love Matters
The Love Matters Arabic platform provides young people with science-based articles, videos, and engaging posts, related to love, sexuality, marriage, and reproductive health; thus, enabling young people to make informed, educated decisions regarding their lives and bodies.
Embracing a pleasure-positive, guilt-free approach to sex and sexuality, the platforms engage young people on issues such as love, dating, marriage, divorce, intimacy, contraception, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive rights, and puberty.
Open, honest and sex-positive, the Love Matters programme is a global leader in delivering information and media on love, sex and relationships to 18-30 year old in areas where information on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) is censored or taboo. Love Matters Arabic is a member of the Love Matters Global Network, comprised of seven Love Matters digital platforms around the world.
Visit our website: https://lmarabic.com.
We are looking for a:
for Love Matters Arabic
40 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, for one year with potential for renewal.
Purpose and positioning of the role
Contributing to sustainable impact by coordinating and supervise implementing of the local activities of Love Matters Arabic Project and managing the local team.
The employment contract for this position will be effected our local partner, Centre for Development Services (CDS) located at 957 Corniche El-Nile St., Misr El-Qadima, Cairo 11632, Egypt (registration number 18834) on behalf of RNW Media; Netherlands registered (KvK No 32022621).
What you will have to do
- Coordinate the different activities of Love Matters Arabic project and make sure they all contribute to the impact described in the projectTheory of Change.
- Manage local Love Matters Arabic teamof 11 people and ensure that the team meets targets and deadlines; recruit local staff and interns and provide input for local team performance evaluations.
- Effectively communicatewith local partners, relevant staff in Headquarters and external stakeholders.
- Activelyengage and liaise with wider Love Matters Global Network for linking, learning and innovation exchange.
- Deliver quality progress and financial reports per agreed (internal) reporting deadlines and standards
- Financial management: draft budgets, monitor and reportto donors
- Guarding editorial and engagement strategy in all content and resources of the website and social media platforms
- Oversee implementation of agreed online engagement activities, marketing and campaigns
- Plan, conceptualize and implement offline events with team members and represent Love Matters Arabic Project at relevant events andinternational conferences
- Overseethe digital safety and security of the platform and the team
- Keep updated on recent developments in the field of (digital) security and provide recommendations for follow-up actions and improvements of the country security policy
What you need to have:
- Recognize the mission and vision of RNW Media professionally and personally; feel comfortable on the sensitive topics of program RNW Media is working on in different regions;
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) on social sciences or public health.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in one of the following domains: sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender or human sexuality.
- Experience of project management in Egypt.
- Minimal2 years proven working experience in digital media.
- Strong understanding of country context on SRHR.
- Excellent Arabicoral and writing skills.
- Good command ofEnglish (Writing and speaking)
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with remote teams.
- Position is based in Egypt.
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 40 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying HERE. Deadline for application: 9th June, 2021.
- PLEASE MAKE SURETHAT FILES ARE UPLOADED IN PDF OR DOCX
- Acquisition is not appreciated.
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications, we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.