RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change.
We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centered digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week Hybrid/Haarlem
Vacancy number: 22-011
If you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Social and Cultural Awareness, and Quality amongst others, than come join our team!
Purpose of the position
The Course Coordinator ensures smooth, efficient and cost-minded running of courses, with a focus on continuous improvement to the quality of overall customer experience (for scheduled courses, customized trainings and coaching in any format offered). The Course Coordinator reports to the Capacity Strengthening Leader.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Sets the (scheduled/customised) course calendar and schedules courses;
- Handles admissions and related course administration (e.g. participant records, attendance records, course changes, certificates);
- Prepares & updates participant information (welcome pack, signposting, website and online platforms);
- Prepares and leads information and networking events before and during the courses;
- Provides information and advice to (potential) participants;
- Is aware of accreditation standards and ensures they are met (NLQF, COBRK, ISO);
- Sets up the pre-course, first week and post course evaluation for the courses, processes the results and uses/shares the outcome for improvements;
- Negotiates contracts and contracts suppliers;
- Ensures adherence to internal health, safety and security standards for all courses;
- Handles participants’ concerns where relevant;
- Executes operational budget for courses, monitors costs, approves invoices;
- Makes travel arrangements for course participants and staff.
- Communicates with relevant stakeholders about course logistics
- Coordinates use of course materials and proper storage
- Provides guidance on operations at the proposal development stage, internally and where relevant externally.
Knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- 3-5 years of experience in operations and customer support roles;
- Experience with working with international teams and international customers;
- Outstanding organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Excellent in English, other languages are considered a plus;
- A passion for SRHR and/or Human Rights/Democracy Programmes.
What do we offer?
An interesting and exciting position within our international operating team that offers responsibility and room for development, for 36 hours a week.
You become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals representing several countries.
We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. You will be working hybrid, from home and from our office in De Koepel in Haarlem.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This position is graded in salary scale 6 (€ 2.892, – – € 3.995,–). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Polina Jones, Capacity Strengthening Leader : [email protected]
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
Acquisition is not appreciated.