RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-010
Purpose of the position
We are looking for a Developer with strong knowledge of WordPress and Drupal 7 & 8 to join our team for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function.
You embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Being the go-to person for technical aspects of large-scale web-based solutions and co-creation of partner web-development
- Supporting in translating functional design into technical design
- Maintaining and updating the technical architecture in cooperation with external parties
- Managing the relationships with the hosting companies and performs DevOps as needed is a plus
Knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- At least 5-7 years of web application development with a strong understanding of the entire web development process, and a strong grasp of security principles
- Experience working with Git, preferably exposed to Git Flow
- Experience with or is comfortable with integration of RESTful APIs
- The ability to work with Linux (Ubuntu), Apache, NginX, Solr, Memcache & Redis
- Experience with DevOps operations, such as SSH, WP CLI, Drush and CI/CD deployments and testing would be a plus
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 8 ( € 3.381 – € 4.795,02). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on August 27 at 16.00 pm. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.