RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-001
Purpose of the position
The Digital Lead is RNW Media’s lead for the development and co-creation of digital media solutions: platforms, social media channels and SEO among others. The Digital Lead scopes digital developments and their applicability to RNW Media’s work, focusing on future proof digital media interventions.
As a digital Lead you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking. You have a conceptual mind and excellent persuasive skills.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Leading the development and implementation of RNW Media’s digital strategy;
- Leading on the (further) development, implementation of digital processes and tools;
- Advising partners on the (further) development and use of new and existing tools, media platforms and channels;
- Supporting partners in the co-creation of digital interventions and advising partners on issues related to digital safety & security;
- Leading the digital handover (including onboarding and offboarding) of RNW Media’s websites and social media platforms to partner organisations;
- Developing and nurturing a flex pool of digital experts worldwide;
- Managing and supporting the implementation of projects. Ensuring timely delivery, within budget of digital deliverables and achieving objectives.
Knowledge and experience
- A Master’s degree in (digital) marketing or related field;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in digital development, digital systems, product development and delivery;
- Experience in project management;
- A solid understanding of digital media impact, digital marketing, digital systems and data analysis;
- Expertise in developments in the digital world and how to use this to contribute to RNW Media’s work;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 9 (€ 3.702 – € 5.325). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on January 20th at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.