RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centred digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat. We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Digital Media Expert
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Join our team and work on the co-creation of digital media engaging content for various media platforms such as websites, social media, and blogs. Support RNW Media’s partners and members in their digital media plans and strategies in order to achieve their digital targets, and as a result the desired impact. As a Digital Media Expert you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
What are you going to do?
- Advise partners and members on the use of digital media channels and content distribution and marketing tactics to improve content performance to achieve desired impact to improve their online presence;
- Identify trends, opportunities and risks and uses this information for optimisation of online channels and platforms;
- Work closely with partners and network members to translate technical content into concrete digital projects and products;
- Turn digital research/analytics results into recommendations to support local implementation and leads and supports partners and members in data-driven editorial decision-making and content production;
- Identify relevant media development opportunities and support the development of content-related interventions, products and services targeting global journalists, editors, bloggers, vloggers and other types of media makers and content creators;
- Identify trends and opportunities and uses this information to advice partners on the optimisation (SEA, SEO, UX, social media campaigns, etc.) of online channels and platforms;
- Co-create (new) digital products and/or services.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile?
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Media, Journalism, Digital Marketing, Communication, Multimedia design, or related;
- At least 5 years’ experience with digital or social media organisations, media support or media research organisations, preferably in independent/non-profit digital media organisations;
- Experience and knowledge on digital and social media content production and content marketing, such as paid media and/or using web analytic tools analytic tools (e.g. Google Ads, Google Analytics or Hootsuite);
- In depth knowledge of the latest media trends, web content and mobile strategy;
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through (digital) media and media consumption habits and behaviours;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Fluent in English, other languages are considered a plus.
“Good to have”
- Knowledge of user design processes, site architecture and functionality is an asset;
- Experience including working with international teams is an asset;
- Experience with data analytics, data journalism, and/or data processing is an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 7 (€ 3.142 – € 4.398). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment may be part of the recruitment process. If this is the case, we will share the information with you.
We will recruit on a rolling basis, which means when our roles open, they will fill up on a first come first served basis. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.