Discussion board moderator – Love Matters Arabic
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment.
About RNW Media
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
About Love Matters
The Love Matters Arabic platform provides young people with science-based articles, videos, and engaging posts, related to love, sex, marriage, and reproductive health; thus, enabling them to take informed educated decisions regarding their lives and bodies.
Embracing a pleasure-positive guilt-free approach to sex and sexuality, the platforms engage young people on issues such as love, dating, marriage, divorce, intimacy, contraception, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive rights, and puberty.
Open, honest and sex-positive, the Love Matters programme is a global leader in delivering information and media on love, sex and relationships to 18-30 year old in areas where information on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) is censored or taboo.
Visit our website: https://lmarabic.com.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Discussion board moderator
for our project Love Matters Arabic
Vacancy number 20-026
32 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, for one year with potential for renewal.
Purpose and positioning of the role
Reporting to the project coordinator, you will be responsible for Implementing moderation strategy and answer questions related to SRHR on discussion board and website or social media platforms. Drive and monitor user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe environment.
What you will have to do
- Responsible for increasing engagement, stimulating inclusive dialogue, developing positive discourse and reducing negative/hate speech;
- Answer, or finds answers, to the questions posted on the forum in an informative and non-judgmental fashion and connect users to services where applicable;
- Implements the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with team to create a safe and welcoming environment to talk about sex, sexual health and relationship related issues;
- Review and moderate all comments and questions within forums, comments, and images, liaising with the team where required;
- Manage the community of users and taking action where needed to ensure safe and inclusive dialogue;
- Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date and effective.
- Service Community Admin accounts, processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary;
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes;
- Regularly give feedback and insights gained from community moderation into the local project team.
What you need to have
- Recognize the mission and vision of RNW Media professionally and personally; feel comfortable on the sensitive topics of program RNW Media is working on in different regions;
- A degree on sexual and reproductive health or human sexuality or public health or sexual medicine or psychology is preferred;
- Minimal 2 years of experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights;
- Minimal 1 year proven working experience in digital platforms;
- Excellent Arabic writing skills, and a good command of English;
- Ability to work efficiently with remote team;
- Position is based in Egypt.
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 32 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying HERE. Deadline for application: 10 July, 2020.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF OR DOCX;
- Acquisition is not appreciated;
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.