RNW Media is an international organisation and centre of expertise that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
We have two global programmes: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Citizen’s Voice (CV). SRHR focuses on delivering information and media on love, sex and relationships to young people in areas where information on sexual and reproductive health and rights SRHR is censored or taboo. Citizen’s Voice focuses on civic participation and inclusive governance. On our platforms young people can access and engage with pluralistic, reliable information and perspectives on sociocultural norms and values, youth needs and aspirations. Examples of Love Matters projects in China are Justice4her and social media campaigns on WeChat and Weibo.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Full-time preferred (freelance position possible)
Based in China
Vacancy number: 19-058
As our Regional Fundraiser for China, you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You are responsible for developing strategic alliances in China with key partners and obtaining funding to (further) strengthen, develop and expand RNW Media’s Strategy.
Being hands-on, impact-driven, flexible and persuasive defines you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Regional Fundraiser is a position within our Business Development team. You will report to the Business Strategist, with whom you work closely next to the regional managers and country team.
What will your responsibilities be?
As the Regional Fundraiser for China you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Acquiring a specified annual financial target and meeting agreed upon KPI’s;
- Supporting the Business Strategist in developing a regional funding strategy as well as annual funding plans;
- Preparing concept notes and proposals, together with the Business Strategist and country teams, and ensuring timely and complete submissions according to tender guidelines and donor requirements;
- Identifying, developing and (co) execute (new) funding opportunities, projects and activities together with country teams and social franchise entities;
- Liaising and expanding networks with current & potential donors and stakeholders;
What are the job requirements?
Our desired new colleague has:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, including working with international teams & alliances, and having an existing network in China;
- A proven track record in proposal writing, resource mobilization, programme design & development, and grants management;
- His/her base in China;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Experience with institutional donors, knowledge of the donor landscape;
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing a variety of countries, working both in Hilversum, the Netherlands, and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. We offer a 1-year contract, subject to renewal, based on 40 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
You can express your interest in this position by completing the application form before 15 January 2020. If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed. It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.