HR Business Partner
RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media also offers a diverse range of career-enhancing trainings for media makers, including scheduled open courses in the Netherlands and customized training solutions.
RNW Media is looking for a:
HR Business Partner
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
32 – 36 hours/week
Vacancy number: 21-005
Purpose of the position
The HR Business Partner advises and supports the Leadership Team on human resource management to deliver organisational solutions and achieve RNW Media’s organisational objectives.
As a HR Business Partner you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
If you are a HR professional who has strong interpersonal skills, has a hands-on, can-do mentality and knowledge of/experience in Dutch HR practices, we welcome you to apply!
Your responsibilities will be
- Acting as a trusted partner, advising and supporting Leadership Team, solicited and unsolicited, on organisational design, development, changes, and on human resources related subjects;
- Identifying and translating trends and developments on human resources into plans, procedures and policies, implementing them and keeping them updated, ensuring its successful integration within the organisation policies and informing management (and staff if applicable) on it;
- Informing staff about working conditions, legal status and/or permits, compensation & benefits and is responsible for registration and/or correspondence if needed;
- Supporting Leadership Team in executing HR policies (such as recruitment, training & development, employee handbook, performance management cycle, reward policy, job (e)valuation);
- Taking the lead in personnel matters where specific knowledge is required (such as talent management, turn over, illness ratio and absenteeism, team flexibility, capacity planning and its consequences, extension of contracts, letting go etc)
- Keeping knowledge up to date on laws and proposes necessary updates;
- Supporting Leadership Team with relevant employee data such as illness rates, salary history and turnover;
- Manages overall HR administration and personnel administration including employee contracts, correspondence, acts as liaison with payroll (currently internal);
- Supports and advises CEO in managing PVT (works council) including representation of HR at the PVT and preparation of documents;
- Participates in specific projects as an HR Expert and/or initiates them and takes the lead.
Knowledge and experience
- Preferably University degree Human Resource Management, Business administration or similar;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in initiating, coaching, supporting and sustaining change in international environments;
- Knowledge of (Dutch) HR practices such as labour related laws, compensation and benefits practices, recruitment, talent development, absenteeism and organisational development;
- Experience in working with a works council;
- Knowledge of HRIM/PI systems (preferably AFAS);
- Excellent in English and Dutch;
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication;
- Hands-on, can-do mentality.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 8 (€ 3.381 – € 4.795,02). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a temporary contract, subject to renewal. Due to the departure of our HR-colleague, we are looking for a new colleague who can start as soon as possible.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on March 5th at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- Please indicate in your cover letter or CV from which date you can start;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.