HR Business Partner
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
HR Business Partner
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 19-022
Pragmatic, pro-active and openminded HR Business Partner, that not only advises and supports the management, but also acts as a real sparring partner to deliver organisational solutions and achieve RNW Media’s organisational objectives within a challenging international and changing environment. Together with your colleague you work closely on different topics like leadership development, evaluation of the performance development reviews, jobhouse and compensation & benefits.
Purpose of the position
You will advise and support the management on human resource management to deliver organisational solutions and achieve RNW Media’s organisational objectives. For both the team in the Netherlands and the teams in the regions and countries where we are active.
Positioning in the organisation
You will report to the Director of Finance & Organisation. You will support the CEO in organisational development, and work closely with MT and team managers.
What you have to do
As a HR Business Partner you work in a fast changing and international environment closely with MT and team managers. You play an important role in further shaping the organization in a proactive and open-minded way of working with a sense of humor. Are you a team player, inspired by change with a flexible mindset? Then this is your job!
Being part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals you act as a trusted partner and advise and support the management, solicited and unsolicited on organizational design, development, changes and other HR related subjects involving PVT if needed. Furthermore, you are responsible for:
- Taking the lead in personnel matters where specific knowledge is required, such as talent management, turn over, illness ratio and absenteeism, team flexibility, capacity planning and its consequences a.o.;
- Identifying and translating trends and developments on human resources into plans, procedures and policies, implement them and keep them updated, ensuring its successful integration within the organization policies and informing the organization on it;
- Keeping knowledge up to date on laws and propose applicable updates or changes for the organization;
- Supporting management with relevant employee data such as illness rates, salary history and turnover.
What you need to have
Your pro-active way of working, in which you are a real team player makes you a true valued colleague to work with. Besides this you have a hands-on mentality, are pragmatic and able to think out of the box.
You also have:
- Preferably University degree in Human Resource Management, Business administration or similar;
- Working experience within HR of which 3 to 5 years of experience in initiating, coaching, supporting and sustaining change in international environments
- Strong knowledge of HR practices such as labour related laws, compensation and benefits practices, recruitment, talent development, absenteeism and organizational development;
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in English and Dutch. French proficiency is an asset);
- Experience in working with a PVT/works council;
- Knowledge of HRIM/PI systems (preferably AFAS).
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 32 or 36 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
The application procedure is handled by P&O Partner. You can apply through their website or you can send your application in an e-mail to [email protected] . Don’t forget to mention the P&O Partner application reference number: 02698. Furthermore, we would like to inform you on the following:
- Please let us know whether you have a holiday planned in the near future;
- If you have any questions please contact Babette van Alebeek on 030 7 60 90 60 or mail your question to [email protected].
This job is exclusively held by P&O Partner. P&O Partner will therefore take care of the first selection of candidates.
QUESTIONS AND INFORMATION:
Babette van Alebeek
Het Rond 7
3701 HS Zeist