HR Officer (temporary)
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The third programme falls under the responsibility of the RNTC training centre which provides training for media professionals from all over the world: from journalists and programme-makers to social activists and communications professionals from non-governmental organizations.
RNW Media is looking for a:
(temporary, maternity leave) – starting ASAP for a period of 5-6 months
In a challenging international digital environment
Vacancy number: 19-025
Purpose of the position
Supporting the HR department by being responsible for the overall (digitalized) administration and development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures. Supporting and improving all HR-functions.
Positioning in the organisation
Part of the HR Team and reports to the Director of Finance & Operations.
What the HR Officer will do:
- Maintains personnel administration including employee contracts, input for pay-roll and communicates mutations;
- Coordinates and facilitates recruitment processes including preparing posting ads, selection of candidates and managing the hiring process
- Responsible for development and the maintenance of HR initiatives, policies, procedures and administration
- Prepares regular reports about relevant employee data such as illness rates, salary history and turnover;
- Assists in coordinating and implementing the performance appraisal processes;
- Overall administration of the HR department ;
- Other miscellaneous HR activities as and when required.
What the HR Officer needs to have:
- Available ASAP, at the latest 1st of July until at least December/January;
- Bachelor (HBO) in HR or a related area;
- 2 to 3 years relevant work experience on HR admin;
- Basic knowledge, preferably 1 year of work experience in recruitment
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially;
- Knowledge of HRIM/PI systems and the practical use of them (preferably AFAS);
- Knowledge of labour related laws and compensation and benefits practices;
- Fluent in English & Dutch and preferably in French;
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication verbally and in writing;
- Strong intercultural awareness;
- Flexible attitude and a team player;
- Able to work with MS Office 365.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before15th of June 2019, We process applicants on a first come first serve basis, the sooner you apply the better.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.