RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and often-taboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Institutional Fundraiser for our Economic Inclusion programme
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 20-018
As an Institutional Fundraiser for our Business and Development department you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You are responsible for developing strategic alliances with key partners and you obtain funding to further strengthen, develop and expand RNW Media’s strategy.
You are aware of your environment. Flexibility sounds familiar to you and you take other people along into the changes that are necessary to achieve success. Persuasiveness, situational awareness and having a birds-eye view define you.
Positioning in the organisation
The Institutional Fundraiser is positioned in the Business and Development department and will report to the Director of Business Development and will work closely with the Programme Manager for Economic Inclusion as well as other Business Development staff.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Leading on strategic partnering and/or (institutional) fundraising activities;
- Translating RNW media’s strategy and ToC into a fundraising plan with activities and proposals for institutional donors and foundations for the Economic Inclusion programme aligned with the overall Business Development fundraising strategy;
- Identifying, developing and (co) executing (new) fundraising opportunities, projects and activities across countries and programmes together with the Programme Manager for Economic Inclusion
- Preparing proposals and ensuring timely and complete submissions according to tender guidelines and donor requirements
- Acquiring a specified annual financial target;
- Reporting on institutional fundraising results against the annual targets set in RNW Media’s fundraising strategy and l plans;
- Liaising with current and potential donors, relevant networks and stakeholders and expand them;
- Representing RNW Media at relevant events and conferences;
- Supporting the grant manager with donor (account)management;
Our desired new colleague has:
- Preferably a Master Degree in Economics, sociology, international development or related;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience including working with international teams and working with alliances;
- Good knowledge of SDG8 and how it relates to programme development and donor goals;
- Experience with developing public and private partnerships to meet development goals;
- Experience in developing business models to support public private partnerships;
- Proven track record in proposal writing, (institutional) fundraising, acquiring new grants and programme development;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Fluent in English. French and Dutch proficiency is an asset;
- Experience with institutional donors, knowledge of the donor landscape.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. This job falls in salary scale 8 with a minimum of €3.381,- and a maximum of €4.795,02. Salary will be dependent on experience. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk.
We offer a one-year contract for 36 hours per .
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
We aim to fill this position before
- Apply HERE before 7th of June. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role. Only applications with a clear application letter are considered.
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If yes, you will be informed before the second round interview.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.