The Institutional Fundraiser will be responsible for seeking funding opportunities for the development of projects and proposals aligned with the RNW Media strategy and managing full proposal development, bid management including donor management.
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging international digital environment
36 hours/week – fulltime
Vacancy number: 19-010
Purpose of the position
You will be responsible for seeking funding opportunities for the development of projects and proposals aligned with the RNW Media strategy and managing full proposal development, bid management including donor management.
Positioning in the organisation
This is a position in the Business Development team and you will report to the Director of Business Development.
What you have to do:
- Identify relevant opportunities with a broad scope (multi country, multi-programme, significant budgets);
- Develop effective and efficient proposals and partnerships in line with our TOC and business strategy;
- Ensure that all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the organization;
- Network with current and potential donors and stakeholders, investing in building relationships, provide support on outreach and resource mobilisation to regional managers
- Manage the production of proposal documentation within the tender process;
- Manage the project team (regional colleagues, Finance, PMEL) to get input and to ensure proposals meet with overall planning and capacity;
- Assess project opportunities in target countries across programmes;
- Monitor and report on institutional fundraising results against the targets set in organizational strategy and annual plans.
What you need to have
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience;
- Masters degree in a relevant field; economics, sociology, anthropology, international development, media studies or other;
- Proven track record with acquiring new grants, preferably in the fields of SRHR and Democracy & Good Governance;
- Knowledge of programme development;
- Well-developed project management skills and used to coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Experience with international teams;
- Excellent (near) native written and spoken English, Dutch and preferably French.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) by sending it through to [email protected] before 7th of April 2019.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.