Jr. Communications Officer
Supporting the internal and external communication of RNW Media, with a strong focus on social media.
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Jr. Communications Officer
In a challenging international digital environment
32 hours/week – part time
Vacancy number: 18-028
Purpose of the position
Support the internal and external communication of RNW Media, with a strong focus on social media.
Positioning in the organisation
This is a junior position in the Communications & Stakeholders team and you will report to the Communications & Stakeholders Manager.
- Updating social media content calendars (RNW Media and RNTC) under guidance of the Communications Officer;
- Posting to social media channels (RNW Media and RNTC);
- Engaging with social media users (RNW Media and RNTC) under guidance of the Communications Officer and the RNTC Manager;
- Supporting production of promotional and communications products; and
- Supporting various internal and external events and other communications projects.
Knowledge and experience
- 1 year of experience in communications;
- HBO education required;
- Online and social media natural;
- Knowledge of content management software (WordPress);
- Excellent in English, ideally also in French.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a seven-month contract based. We offer a 1-year contract based on 32 hours, with potential for extension. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before 11th January 2019.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.