Jr. Social Media Editor – Love Matters Arabic
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment. RNW Media helps people speak freely, have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically – and find the information they need to make their own choices about their future. RNW Media is active in China and in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world. Apply now to be part of a great and growing movement!
RNW Media is looking for a:
Junior Social Media Editor
for our project Love Matters Arabic
Vacancy number 19-001
32 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, for one year with potential for renewal.
About RNW Media
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
About Love Matters
The Love Matters Arabic platform provides young people with science-based articles, videos, and engaging posts, related to love, sex, marriage, and reproductive health; thus, enabling them to take informed educated decisions regarding their lives and bodies.
Embracing a pleasure-positive guilt-free approach to sex and sexuality, the platforms engage young people on issues such as love, dating, marriage, divorce, intimacy, contraception, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive rights, and puberty.
Open, honest and sex-positive, the Love Matters programme is a global leader in delivering information and media on love, sex and relationships to 18-30 year old in areas where information on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) is censored or taboo. Visit our website: https://lmarabic.com.
Purpose and positioning of the role
Reporting to the project coordinator, you will be responsible for moderating comments on the various social media channels and engaging in positive conversations with the community. You’ll work closely with the current social media editor to apply the organization strategy regarding social media moderation and users’ engagement.
What you will have to do
- Monitor and review user comments and discussions on social media platforms to support project’s goals for creating pleasure-positive guilt-free discussions.
- Implements the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with the team to create a safe and welcoming environment to talk about bodies, desires, sexuality, and reproductive rights.
- Moderate and engage with social media followers and building online communities of scale.
- Using the stories and videos on Love Matters Arabic website, respond to myths and misinformed user comments.
- Support the social media manager to develop and implement content marketing strategy and planning;
- Monitor the performance of social media platforms and gather impact stories and valuable comments to fulfill the requirements of satisfactory output and outcome indicators, working together with PMEL coordinator;
- Other responsibilities assigned by project coordinator related to moderating discussions and comments on the social media platforms.
What you need to have:
- Recognize the mission and vision of RNW Media professionally and personally; feel comfortable on the sensitive topics of program RNW Media is working on in different regions;
- A degree social media/new media, journalism, communication, marketing or program-related fields of education is preferred;
- Minimal 1-3 years of experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
- Minimal 1-3 years proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist;
- Excellent Arabic writing skills, and a good command of English.
- Experience in using social media analytics tools;
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels;
- Ability to work efficiently with remote teams
- Photo editing skills are appreciated
- Position is based in Egypt.
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 32 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying here below. Deadline for application: 27th January, 2019.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF OR DOCX
• Acquisition is not appreciated.
• Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.