RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change.
We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centered digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Learning Design Expert
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week Hybrid/Haarlem
Vacancy number: 22-012
If you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Social and Cultural Awareness, and Quality amongst other, than come join our team!
Purpose of the position
The Learning Design Expert designs, develops and implements learning products in accordance with the organisational strategy and internal and industry standards, with the focus on continuous improvement of the quality of learning products. The Learning Design Expert reports to the Capacity Strengthening Leader.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Ensures the quality and improvement of all learning products (online and offline);
- Executes production and compilation of the content (curricula, learning materials, supporting materials, subject matter presentations, content for proposals and similar) in line with internal standards;
- Designs engaging learning products (off/on line, books, training, workshop) relevant to the purpose of training whether for internal or external capacity strengthening needs and budgets;
- Tests where relevant training materials, analyses relevant feedback and makes improvements to them based on training findings;
- Creates and conducts trainings for trainers and other relevant staff on learning products;
- Manages the content updates of the Learning Academy;
- Is aware of developments within tools and methods for offline and online learning, and uses it for further development and innovation of training curricula and learning interventions.
- Spots trends, assesses new data and keeps up-to-date with the latest journalism and media trends and techniques;
- Represents RNW Media as a learning expert (workshops, presentations, participation in panel discussions, relevant stakeholder events).
Knowledge and experience
- A Master’s degree;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Skilled expertise in learning products;
- Experience in or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media;
- Project management experience.
What do we offer?
An interesting and exciting position within our international operating team that offers responsibility and room for development, for 36 hours a week.
You become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals representing several countries.
We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. You will be working hybrid, from home and from our office in De Koepel in Haarlem.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This position is graded in salary scale 7 (€ 3.142, – – € 4.398,–). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Polina Jones, Capacity Strengthening Leader : [email protected]
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
Acquisition is not appreciated.