RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centred digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat. We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Learning Design Intern
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
20-36 hours/week for at least 6 months
Join our team and contribute to creating learning experiences to remember. You will be working closely with experts in instructional design, trainer recruitment and course coordination, supporting trainings, masterclasses and events for mid-career professionals in media and development sectors.
You will be contributing to:
- Designing of programmes
- Managing the training resources and facilities
- Programme and cost management
- Use of innovative tooling
- Contracting trainers
- Monitoring performance of programmes or trainers
- Converting course materials to the new branding of RNW Media
- Updating course materials
- Communication with attendees
Knowledge and experience
- 3rd year of studies in Human Resources or Social Studies on HBO educational level;
- You are an online and social media natural;
- Upholding customer service quality brings you joy;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Knowledge of Office 365;
- Excellent in English, other languages are considered a plus;
- A passion for SRHR and/or Human Rights/Democracy Programmes.
What do we offer?
- An internship experience that offers responsibility and opportunities for development, for 16-36 hours a week, for at least 6 months with a monthly allowance.
- Being a part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals.
- Working partly from home and partly from our office De Koepel in Haarlem.
- An informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
How to apply?
Apply through Mediastages asap. In your application letter make sure to outline why you are excited about this internship in particular.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
Acquisition is not appreciated.