RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
LEARNING PRODUCT EXPERT
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-016
Purpose of the position
The Learning Products Expert leads on the development, innovation and alignment of learning products in accordance with the organisational strategy, internal and industry standards. The Learning Product Expert focuses on continuous improvement of the quality of learning products.
As Learning Products Expert you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Ensures the quality and improvement of all learning products (online and offline);
- Leads production and compilation of the content (curricula, learning materials, supporting materials, subject matter presentations, content for proposals and similar) in line with internal standards;
- Designs engaging learning products (off/on line, books, training, workshop);
- Spots trends, assesses new data and keeps up-to-date with the latest journalism and media trends and techniques;
- Develops product concepts, guidelines and strategies into content-related projects;
- Develops learning packages based on client needs and budgets;
- Represents RNW Media as a learning expert (workshops, presentations, participation in panel discussions, relevant stakeholder events).
Knowledge and experience
- Preferably a Master’s degree in relevant field;
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience;
- Skilled expertise in learning products;
- Experience in or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media;
- Project management experience.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in working with strategic partners and trainers
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Fluent in English.
“Good to have”
- Preferably experience/knowledge on impact for development;
- Knowledge of proposal writing;
- Preferably experience/knowledge with SRHR and/or Human Rights/Democracy programmes;
- Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or French is considered an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 8 ( € 3381,- – € 4.795,- ). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on December 15th at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Polina Jones, Capacity Strengthening Leader : [email protected]
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.