RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) Expert
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-012
Purpose of the position
The M&E Expert develops and regularly updates a monitoring and evaluation system to capture progress in programme implementation cycles using both digital and offline data collection, research and analysis. He/she captures learnings and shares these with colleagues and partners. The M&E Expert ensures that these learnings are taken into account in programme implementation.
As M&E Expert you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Supporting in the development and monitoring of effective M&E systems for programmes;
- Ensuring the effective and timely reporting for partners and donors, and overseeing internal learning;
- Assessing the need for external freelance support for M&E purposes, and leading where needed in their appointment and management;
- Translating lessons learned into practical steps for improvement in performance and efficiency;
- Regularly ensuring the evaluation of M&E activities to identify (potential) problems and proposing solutions/improvements;
- Supporting and advising local partners in M&E activities;
- Being responsible for advising on effective indicators and plans for measuring in accordance with RNW Media’s TOC;
- Being responsible for ensuring that all newly developed proposals are in line with RNW Media’s strategy and ToC;
- Ensuring that good practices are documented and shared. .
Knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’sDegree in a relevant field;
- Knowledge of and experience in setting up and managing M&E systems;
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change approach, logical model and data quality assurance;
- Experience with facilitation and implementation of M&E;
- Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Experience of working with external consultants, researchers, and strategic partners;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Fluent in English.
“Good to have”:
- Digital analytics, surveys and text/content analysis will be considered and asset;
- Preferably experience/knowledge on impact for development;
- Knowledge of proposal writing;
- Preferably experience/knowledge with SRHR and/or Human Rights/Democracy programmes;
- Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or French is considered an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 7 ( € 3096 – € 4.332 ). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on June 25 at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.