M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) Lead
RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
M&E (Monitoring & Evaluation) Lead
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-009
Purpose of the position
The M&E Lead is responsible for measuring the impact of RNW Media’s programmes using data collection, research, analysis and learnings. In this role you lead the monitoring & evaluation and the development of impact measurement systems considering offline and online datasets.
As M&E Lead you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Translating – in close collaboration with the other M&E and Data experts, and Cluster team members – RNW Media’s strategic and programmatic direction and objectives into M&E (multi-year) plans, goals, and policies;
- Developing and overseeing the implementation, execution, maintenance and/or management of M&E processes, methodologies, tools and systems for effective information management, data collection, analysis and reporting to demonstrate programme progress and impact;
- Overseeing the collection of digital and non-digital data in different projects, supporting in its analyses and use for fundraising, advocacy and programmatic purposes, and functioning as the M&E focal point for selected (SRHR) projects/partnerships;
- Setting up a strategic learning agenda for RNW Media’s programmes and putting systems in place to capture learnings and sharing them effectively across the clusters within RNW Media;
- Overseeing and ensuring the design, implementation and realisation of baseline(s), mid-term(s) and end of project evaluation(s), surveys and other components of the M&E system;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of RNW Media’s responsible data framework and data-driven decision making strategy;
- Developing and overseeing a research agenda using expertise in mixed-method (qualitative and quantitative) research methods;
- Improving and overseeing the quality of improvement and implementation of RNW Media’s data lake in close collaboration with RNW Media’s digital experts;
- Recommending and supporting implementation of changes to programmes and (digital) intervention strategies based on learning and evaluations;
- Contributing to the development of new project proposals;
- Being present at internal and external stakeholder events as a subject matter expert.
Knowledge and experience
- At least 7 years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in an international development context, preferably with SRHR and Human Rights/Democracy programmes;
- Master’s Degree in international development, social sciences ,(development) economics or another relevant discipline;
- Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, in particular digital analytics, surveys and text/content analysis are highly relevant;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Strong conceptual knowledge about theories of change approach, logical model and data quality assurance;
- Experience with facilitation and implementation of M&E capacity building (internally and externally);
- Strong software skills are an asset; experience with quantitative packages (SPSS, R, Stata), qualitative packages (Nvivo, MAXQDA) and visualisation (Power BI, Tableau)
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or French is considered an asset;
- Experience of working with external consultants, researchers, and strategic partners.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 9 ( € 3.702 – € 5.325,42). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on April 22 at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.