RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centred digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat. We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
16 hours/week for 3 – 6 months
Looking for an exciting internship? Join our team and help the RNW Media Network grow by scoping and documenting the application process for the potential members. Support is also needed in the administration of regular RNW Media Network activities. The RNW Media Network is a network of media-makers and media collectives who build and grow digital spaces for young people around a range of human rights issues. This network of organisations shares knowledge and expertise, strengthening each other’s impact.
What are you going to do?
- Search for organisations building and growing digital communities around the world for young people working on sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Use our project management software, report on the application process for potential members in the Network
- Provide minutes of RNW Media Network meetings and activities
- Conduct and follow up on surveys within the RNW Media Network
- Create content for the RNW Media Network Group in the Mighty Networks App
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
- 3rd year of studies in Social Studies, Digital Communication, International Development on HBO educational level
- You are an online and social media natural
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Excellent in English, other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic for example) are considered a plus
- A passion for human rights and democracy programmes
You can only apply for this internship, if you:
- are enrolled at a Dutch educational institute
- are based in the Netherlands
- already have the approval for this internship from your educational institute
What do we offer
An interesting and exciting internship as of March 2023 or later (flexible starting date) that offers responsibility and room for development, for 16 hours a week, for 3 to 6 months with a monthly allowance.
You become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals representing several countries. You will be working hybrid from home and from our office De Koepel in Haarlem. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams.
We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises well-being as much as it does quality of work.
How to apply?
Apply through Mediastages asap. In your application letter make sure to outline why you are excited about this internship in particular.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
Acquisition is not appreciated.