Online Editor – Huna Libya
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment. Huna Libya gives a voice to young influential Libyan opinion-makers, bloggers, and digital creators, and actively works to build diverse communities of young people, empowering them to put sensitive issues on the agenda. The platform engages young people on issues such as quality of education, women’s rights, cultural diversity and acceptance of the other, migration and asylum in Libya. Huna Libya’s Facebook page has a particularly active community of 270,000 fans.
Visit our website: https://hunalibya.com/ and apply to become part of a passionate and experienced team. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as getting working experience in an international organization.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Vacancy number 19–002
for our project Huna Libya
32 hours per week on assignment, based in Libya
starting as soon as possible, for one year with potential for renewal.
About RNW Media
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
Positioning of the role
Reporting to the project coordinator, you will be responsible for editing content in various formats, writing reports based our regular surveys and activities. You’ll work closely with a dedicated team, consisting of a project coordinator, video editor, social media team, and designer, as well as a number of partner organizations, contributors and writers for the online platform.
- Develop and facilitate regular content on the website to support projects goals for social change
- Commission contributors to produce content for website; Coordinate invoices and payments for freelancers and contributors on the platforms
- Edit articles and other content from contributors in line with editorial policies
- Maintain and post articles in the Content Management System
- Work with the thematic content strategist to develop and implement project specific content strategy
- Maximize the performance and impact of the website to reach annual target and KPI’s
- Create weekly/monthly content performance reports using Google Analytics
- Set agenda and participate in editorial meetings to discuss, review past articles and brainstorm for upcoming themes and events;
- Coordinate content and themes with the social media editor;
- Other responsibilities assigned by project coordinator related to content
Knowledge and experience
- Recognize the mission and vision of RNW Media professionally and personally; feel comfortable on the sensitive topics of program RNW Media is working on in different regions;
- Must have an affinity with and knowledge about our young audience (18-30);
- Bachelor or Master in Journalism and/or programme related equivalent studies;
- Minimal 3 years’ proven working experience in online journalism; editing and producing content; in Arabic
- Experience in using Google Analytics;
- Technical skills to work efficiently on CMS like Drupal/WordPress
- Good presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to manage a network freelancers and contributors;
- Ability to keep up strict and at times tight deadlines.
- Practical and result- oriented mindset;
- Ability to work efficiently with remote teams
- Excellent Arabic language and writing skills, and a good working knowledge of English.
- Adequate knowledge of SEO would be appreciated;
- This position in based in Libya
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 32 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal. Fee is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying here below.
Deadline for application: 10 February 2019.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF
• Acquisition is not appreciated.
• Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.