RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centred digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat. Connecting with young people through digital media is instrumental in our approach to achieving sustainable, inclusive, and stable societies by 2030.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years working for impact.
We are looking for a Team Lead Positioning & Visibility (P&V)
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Purpose of the position
he Team Lead Positioning & Visibility (P&V) is responsible for the development and implementation of RNW Media’s positioning and visibility approach in order to create brand awareness and to contribute to the growth of RNW Media. The Team Lead P&V is the people manager of the P&V pool of expertise . They will also work on projects, both internal and external, and ensure a healthy workload for their pool of expertise. load for their pool of expertise.
Positioning in the organisation
The Team Lead P&V reports to the Digital Media and Learning Solutions Director.
- Is people manager for the P&V pool of expertise. This entails being first point of contact regarding all personnel matters. This includes, but is not limited to, responsible for performance cycle, wellbeing, learning & development and regular check-in with pool members.;
- Aligns with the Director and Human Resources on personnel matters;
- Acts as the first point of contact for (new) project planning, implementation, and resources;
- Joins professional platforms and organises events to increase RNW Media’s visibility;
- Is responsible for RNW Media’s brand book and trademarks and ensures compliance;
- Writes content for promotional material such as factsheets, expert articles, multimedia, presentations, etc.;
- Jointly with the Digital Product Manager handles the website(s) and monitors website usage (generated traffic);
- Generates traffic to the RNW Media digital channels through on- and offline campaigns; maximising each channel’s potential through strategic use;
- Reviews and reports on digital channels results monthly and quarterly and acts upon findings.
What you bring
- At least 7 years’ experience with digital or social media organisations, media support or media research organisations, preferably in independent/non-profit digital media organisations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good writing and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English and preferably another working language;
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress;
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics;
- BSc in Communications, Public Relations or Advertising with relevant experience and expertise;
- Knowledge of the impact sector and proven affinity with digital rights of young people and the use of digital media for social change
What do we offer?
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 10 (€4.171,80– – €6.087,36-). Your salary and where you sit within the scale will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
Screening for integrity is part of the application process of RNW Media. RNW Media considers it essential to ensure the reliability, professionalism and integrity of its organisation and its employees. And as such, RNW Media may request two references (both written & telephonic) and a request a Certificate of Conduct (VOG).
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. We are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age.
How to apply?
Please apply here by submitting your CV and motivation letter before February 23rd, 2024.
In your application letter outline demonstrable examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. An assignment can be part of the procedure.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.