Project Coordinator Masaraat
RNW Media is hiring a Project Coordinator for its project ‘Masaraat. Apply now to be part of a great team and a growing movement!
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment. Masaraat, launched in April 2019 is the new Citizens’ Voice platform focusing on economic inclusion for young people. Decent work and income are essential if young people are to be able to participate fully in their societies and realise their potential. Masaraat addresses the issues that prevent young people’s participation in the labour market in the region and advocates for solutions to these problems.
Visit our website: https://www.masaraat.net and apply to become part of a passionate and experienced team. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as getting working experience in an international organization.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Project Coordinator Masaraat
vacancy number 19 – 023
for our project Masaraat, based in Egypt,
40 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, (for a one-year renewable assignment)
About RNW Media:
RNW Media helps people speak freely, have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically – and find the information they need to make their own choices about their future. RNW Media is active in China and in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world.
Reporting to the regional manager, the project coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of our newest project Masaraat, working closely with a dedicated team consisting of online editor, social media editor, content strategist, designer, PMEL coordinator and a network of experts, contributors and vloggers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Managing local team members and ensuring they hit their targets, recruiting local staff and interns as needed
- Effective communication with local team and core team in Hilversum, the Netherlands, reporting to regional manager
- Developing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships with multiple stakeholders –institutional donors / non-profits / media /corporate partnerships –
- Overseeing project content on online platforms and ensuring it is in line with agreed content and engagement strategies
- Overseeing implementation of agreed on-line engagement activities and campaigns
- Planning, conceptualizing and implementing offline events with team members
- Manage the projects’ cycle from planning to evaluation.
- Representing RNW Media and Masaraat at relevant events and conferences
- Managing financial and activities reporting
- 5+ years of proven experience in coordinating teams and projects
- Knowledge and understanding of using digital media for development
- Experience in activity mapping, planning and tracking and financial management
- Experience in working on one or more of the following themes: youth economic empowerment, youth inclusion and digital engagement
- A thorough understanding of how to deliver projects according to donor needs
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team; to manage time, resources and risks
- Affinity with our young target group (18 – 30)
- Relevant master’s degree, e.g. in social science, economics, development, journalism and media is preferred
- Based in Egypt
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 40 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal.
Fee is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter (all PDF files with your name as file name), in English, by applying here below.
Deadline for application: 6 May 2019.