Project Management and Capability Lead
RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage annually with millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media continues to work towards a flexible project-based organisation with centres of expertise and is therefore looking for a:
Project Management and Capability Lead
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-002
Purpose of the position
The Project Management and Capability Lead provides a consistent approach to working in multi-disciplinary project teams across the organisation. The Project Management and Capability Lead reports to the CEO and works closely with the Project Management and Capability Officer on general support to all project teams.
As Project Management and Capability Lead you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking. You are known for your planning & organisation power and you excell in a dynamic and challenging context.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Acting as the first point of contact for the Leadership Team on project implementation and acting as the first point of contact and liaison for all project leads;
- Developing a consistent project management methodology to be used by all project teams;
- Coordinating and monitoring strategic project planning and capacity planning including reporting and informing stakeholders in case of issue management;
- Taking the responsibility for assigned projects as project lead and supporting project teams with project implementation;
- Analysing, documenting and processing lessons learned and using this to further develop RNW Media’s project management cycle;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of project documentation in consultation with stakeholders and keeping it up to date;
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest project management tools and supports the use of these through coaching and training.
Knowledge and experience
- Preferably a Master’s degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project management, preferably in an international setting;
- Highly skilled experience in project management;
- Confidence in using project management tools including agile methodologies and PMD Pro;
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 9 (€ 3.702 – € 5.325). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on January 20th at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.