Project Manager RNTC
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Project manager RNTC
In a challenging international digital environment
24 hours/week – parttime
Vacancy number: 19-017
Purpose of the position
Managing various projects & executing all related activities.
Positioning in the organisation
Position in the RNTC Training programme team (a multidisciplinary team). Reports to the Manager RNTC.
What you have to do:
- Manages project lifecycle from inception to completion;
- Liases with team members, consultants and external stakeholder who have activities in the project;
- Co-ordinates activities in a timely manner to deliver the needs of the project;
- Manages client relationships;
- Manages the preparation of all necessary things for the start of projects (printing, rooms, roles of the trainers, equipment, etc.);
- Responsible for evaluation, debriefing and reporting towards clients;
- Sets priorities for the project/s;
- Continuously aligns with client needs;
- Responsible for narrative and financial reporting for all projects to the accounts;
- Delivers content support to the Manager RNTC and contributes to developing innovative products; (learning for iteration)
- Liases with PMEL, Accounts, Management, Training staff and other team members to achieve all activities on time and in budget;
- Contributes to quality evaluation and control of the RNTC portfolio;
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects.
What you need to have:
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience;
- HBO degree in a relevant field
- Proven track record in project management
- High level of cultural awareness/sensitivity;
- Knowledge of Project management tools such as: Scrum, Agile, Prince or Kanban
- Good understanding of financials;
- Sound reporting skills;
- Thorough understanding of internal regulations and procedures and the practical use of those;
- Fluent in English; solid command of Dutch and preferably working knowledge of French/ Eastern European languages.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a 1-year contract based on 24 hours, with potential for extension. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people with whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and Northern Africa and China are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before22 March 2019.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.