RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-017
Purpose of the position
The Sales Expert ensures that media and communication professionals from the international development and media sector enrol in the open courses of our acclaimed training centre RNTC by targeting participants that either come with a scholarship (e.g. Nuffic) or who are sponsored (by their employer or otherwise).
Next to our B2C outreach using the website, social media channels and alumni network, the Sales Expert targets strategic accounts (B2B) such as scholarship providers, CSOs, INGOs, International Organisations, media houses and relevant companies. With these ‘clients’ we promote both our open courses and develop proposals for customised trainings.
The Sales Expert is responsible for the whole sales funnel from lead generation to developing the proposal and budget, signing the contract and managing the relationship. Next to handling his/her own ‘client’ list the Sales Expert works with the wider Partnership Management Cluster to embed our course offering in all our strategic account management.
As Sales Expert you embrace a 21st century mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To develop a thorough understanding of the RNTC courses and apply digital marketing tools using our website, social media channels and alumni network to generate leads;
- To build, manage and expand a network of ‘supporters’, most notably scholarship providers;
- To build, manage and expand a ‘client list’ of strategic accounts (CSOs, INGOs, international organisations, media houses, companies) and uses direct sales tools like CRM management (ZoHo One) to organise the sales funnel and improve the conversion rate from ‘awareness’ to ‘enrolment’ – sets targets and measures performance.
- If required, to develop customized proposals and budgets;
- To provide ‘customer insights’ to the project team when developing the course calendar (which courses to offer/develop);
- To evaluate annually the business case of the open and customized courses with the project team and provides suggestions for improvement to the Leadership Team.
Knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Communication and Digital Media, International Business or related topic;
- 3-5 years of experience in the international development, education or (digital) media sector;
- Experience working with CSOs, INGOs, International Organisations, media houses;
- A proven track record in account management (sales) and the use of CRM management tools, high satisfaction rates and a proven ability to ‘grow’ accounts;
- Experience in working with digital marketing tools (website, social media, ads);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English.
“Good to have”
- Experience with Media for Democracy and Human Rights projects;
- Knowledge of Arabic, Spanish or French is considered an asset
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 6 (€ 2.849, – – € 3.936,16). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- If you have any specific questions on the position please contact Wouter van Tongeren, Partnership Management Leader: [email protected]
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.