RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive evidence- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizens’ Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizens’ Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizens’ Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging international digital environment
36 hours/week – fulltime
Vacancy number: 18-031
Purpose of the position
Responsible for the SEO strategy and implementation across multiple platforms in different countries and languages. Develop and drive strategies to maximise RNW Media’s SEO performance. Work with the Data and Digital colleagues to devise an effective digital strategy, and across different country-teams to take advantage of opportunities with current and future online strategies, which work across our platforms.
Positioning in the organisation
A medior position in the Data & Digital Team and reporting to the Data & Digital Manager.
What you have to do
- Develop and drive strategies to maximise RNW Media’s SEO performance.
- Assemble an international team of SEO analysts and facilitate healthy organisation and communication.
- Aid in carrying out SEO reviews of multiple international websites, in different countries and languages, focusing on both on-page and off-page SEO – deliver technical documentation for on-site recommendations.
- Support the continuous auditing of RNW Media websites and the revision of our technical SEO, to identify issues, recommend fixes, and guarantee our sites are properly optimised for search engine visibility and clean technical SEO.
- Responsible for ensuring all SEO teams have a clear set of KPIs that reflect the work we are doing and relate to the objectives we have set out in the strategy and that this is reflected in a regular report.
- Creation of SEO guidelines related to content, technical, on-page SEO and UX. Provide SEO training to our Editors and content producers.
- Develop and implement a keyword research strategy to optimise content (copy, images, video) through keyword and landing page analysis, and use research to help guide content strategies.
- Ensure SEO teams make use of third-party research tools and have the ability to identify opportunities regarding the development of SEO content/technical strategies such as Google Search Console, Moz and basic UX principals etc.
- Translates RNW project goals into digitally measurable goals and KPIs
- Hands on implementing data collection and monitoring
- Monitors online performance of RNW Media’s activities
- Creates periodical and ad hoc reports, creates dashboards, presents results and advises on optimisation
What you need to have
- In- depth knowledge of web content and mobile strategy;
- 3+ years of experience in similar function in international digital environment
- Excellent skills in SEO and technical SEO;
- Understanding of web-analytics (Google Analytics) and social media analytics;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as well as with remote teams;
- Good understanding of SEO (including navigation, SEO tagging, etc) and content formats;
- Excellent (intercultural) communication skills
- Education: Bachelor in Applied Sciences
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before 1st of April 2019 (extended deadline).
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.