Support Officer Business Development
The Support Officer will mainly focus on grant management and proposal development for RNW Media ‘s core programmes; Love Matters, Citizen’s Voice and RNTC training centre.
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Support Officer Business Development
In a challenging international digital environment
36 hours/week – fulltime
Vacancy number: 19-014
Purpose of the position
In this role you will support the business development team. The Support Officer will mainly focus on grant management and proposal development for RNW Media ‘s core programmes; Love Matters, Citizen’s Voice and RNTC training centre.
Positioning in the organisation
This is a position in the Business Development team and you will report to the Director of Business Development and will work closely with the Business Development team members.
What you have to do:
- Support the proposal writing process;
- Write in a factual, engaging and convincing manner to convince donor;
- Ensure proposal components such as budget, work plan, M&E logframe or ToC are according to donor requirements
- Review carefully tender guidelines, donor policies and donor publications
- Oversee timely development and submission as required by donors;
- Support grant management and account management.
- Engage strategic partners and builds and maintains essential relationships at events;
- Maintenance of up-to-date data base of (submitted concept) proposals;
- Support proposal development for institutional donors and foundations;
- Document developments and reviews.
What you need to have:
- 2/3 years’ experience in international development
- University Degree in a relevant field;
- Excellent intercultural communication skills;
- Experience working with international teams;
- Experience working within alliance and/or alliance management;
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple activities and timelines across multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Fluent in English and Dutch and/or French.
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media is a plus.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a 1-year contract based on 36 hours, with potential for extension. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) by emailing [email protected] before 5th of April 2019. – For this vacancy we work together with Han Valk – recruitment.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.