Support Officer – RNTC
At RNW Media, we support young people who want to speak freely and make informed choices about their futures. We work with them to develop online platforms that provide young people with information in areas where this information is often restricted or taboo. These platforms are safe places where they can engage with each other and have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically. Your job will be to support them as they find their voices, build communities and drive social change.
We use a positive, aspirational approach and are working on three programmes. The first programme focuses on realizing sexual and reproductive health and gender rights (SRHR) through Love Matters. The second programme is called Citizen’s Voice and will surface hopes and dreams as well as barriers to participation such as discrimination, polarization, corruption, violence and lack of accountability. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are Burundian bloggers collective Yaga, the Yemen Youth Panel and This is Africa. The third programme is the RNTC Media Training programme, which provides capacity building for professional and citizen journalists.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Support Officer RNTC
24 hrs/week – parttime
Vacancy number: 18-027
7 months contract
Purpose of the position
You will plan and coordinate all logistic activities concerning the RNTC courses.
Positioning in the organisation
You will report hierarchically to the Director of Finance & Operations with a functional reporting line to the RNTC Manager.
What do you have to do?
- Organise course logistics and maintains the administration for the course participants, including creating and issuing certificates for clients, in accordance with the NLQF;
- Prepare final applications, submissions and finances for Nuffic participants in courses;
- Inform participants about the courses;
- Execute the evaluation for specific courses and processes the results;
- Make travel arrangements for course participants and staff;
- Maintain and update RNTC’s social media accounts and the RNTC website;
- Maintain, capture and manage the databases (Hodex, Atlas, Zoho) for registration and for business development;
- Deliver overall support for RNW Media by answering e-mails, phone-calls, multimedia, etc;
- Replace Executive Secretary and/or other secretarial support staff in their absence.
What do you need to have?
- Secretarial education at HBO level;
- Excellent in Dutch and English and preferably working knowledge of French;
- Extensive experience in delivering administrative/secretarial support;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS- Office;
- Knowledge of modern archiving and documentation methods;
- Thorough understanding of internal regulations and procedures and the practical use of those;
- Good communication and social skills;
- Able to work and deliver under pressure, to set priorities and to deal with changing circumstances.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in the regions. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest.
The Hilversum Mediapark train station is only a 10-minute walk. We offer a 7 months contract based on 24 hours. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before 7 January 2019
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain live.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.