RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change.
We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centered digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Team Lead Finance
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week Hybrid/Haarlem
Purpose of the position
The Team Lead Finance is responsible for RNW Media’s efficient delivery of financial processes and people manager of the pool of expertise of Finance. The Team Lead Finance reports to the CEO.
Your key responsibilities are:
The Team Lead Finance:
- Is people manager for the Finance pool of experts. This entails being first point of contact regarding all personnel matters. This includes, but is not limited to, responsible for performance cycle, wellbeing, learning & development and regular check-in with pool members.
- Aligns with the Director and Human Resources on personnel matters.
- Manages the corporate management information cycle and budget process and provides insights, to support strategic decision-making and improve the performance of RNW Media while ensuring the integrity of the business performance reporting;
- Provides relevant financial information to business projects, plans and proposals and ensures business activities are reflected in the financial planning, reporting and forecasts;
- Translates strategic objectives into financial KPIs for the organisation, calculates and substantiates them;
- Ensures transparent, complete and clear financial information for the Audit Committee and Supervisory Board.;
- Reviews plans, ‘Donor Aanvragen’, ensures validity of assumptions and methodology, and generally supports the project teams in producing high quality financial planning, control and reporting documents;
- Coordinates assessments of RNW’s coalition partners and sub-contractors;
- Transfers financial/control literacy to relevant RNW Media budget holders;
- Oversees accounting operations including A/R, A/P and general ledger, collects and analyses accounting entries in the financial (project)administration, looks into deficiencies and makes corrections if needed;
- Oversees and ensures a correct month-end and year-end close process and preparation of the annual financial report;
- Acts as the primary face of the finance expertise pool (external) stakeholders of the business;
- Supports and coaches the pool on day-to-day finance operations;
- Is responsible for describing, streamlining, optimal (re-) design and maintenance of financial workflows, control methods, processes and systems.
Knowledge and experience
The Team Lead Finance has:
- At least 7 years’ experience in business control, finance control and reporting;
- Experience in people management;
- Bachelor’s degree Business Economics, Finance, Business administration or equivalent. Master’s degree is preferred;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office and financial software. Knowledge of AFAS is an asset;
- Excellent in English and solid command of Dutch;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Proficient with business processes, systems, control policies and control frameworks;
- Ability to work with complex data sets, systems and advanced level of manipulation.
- Experience in using data retrieval including MIS tools and SQL.
What do we offer?
An interesting and exciting position within our international operating team that offers responsibility and room for development, for 36 hours a week.
You become part of a young and multicultural team of highly skilled professionals representing several countries.
We are a flexible, project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises well-being as much as it does quality of work. You will be working hybrid, from home and from our office in De Koepel in Haarlem.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 10 (€ 4.171,– – € 6.087,–). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise.
We offer a one-year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America, are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- Please indicate in your cover letter or CV from which date you can start;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated and will not be responded to.