RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media also offers a diverse range of career-enhancing trainings for media makers, including scheduled open courses in the Netherlands and customized training solutions.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-004
Purpose of the position
The Trainer Coordinator develops and maintains a trainer network for all RNW Media capacity strengthening interventions with the focus on continuous improvement of quality of trainings.
As Trainer Coordinator you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking. You communicate effectively to other people, you work accurately and you value quality.
Your responsibilities will be
- Setting guidelines for trainer recruitment and recruiting a relevant amount of trainers to meet the needs of the organisation;
- Building a network of trainer partners and training new trainers on methodologies;
- Preparing and implementing an annual plan for continuous professional development for content team and trainers;
- Contracting trainers and supporting training staff for all courses;
- Ensuring efficient replacements as necessary;
- Carrying responsibility for trainer assessment and development and using the observations for improvement purposes;
- Conducting post-course feedback sessions with trainers and using/distributing outcomes as necessary to improve quality of trainings and related materials;
- Ensuring any new materials developed/used by trainers are compliant with internal standards and incorporated in the curriculum where relevant.
Knowledge and experience
- A Master’s degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in curriculum design, learning and classroom management methodologies;
- Training experience;
- Experience as a trainer of trainers.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 7 (€ 3.096 – € 4.332,96). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on January 21st at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.