Sex and relationships have a big impact on young people’s lives. Love Matters is a reality check offering sexual health information with a positive take on pleasure and relationship satisfaction. The web, mobile and social media platforms give young people the facts they need to have safer, healthier and happier sex.
Apart from plain-speaking information on love and sex, Love Matters offers playful and thought-provoking articles, testimonials, blogs and advice columns. The social media sites host lively conversations. All tuned to regional culture.
The target groups are young people aged 18-30 in India, Latin America (focusing on Mexico and Venezuela), Africa (focusing on Kenya), China and the Arab World.
They are reached with the support of many local and international partners. These include:
- The Star, a leading Kenyan daily that features a weekly page by Love Matters.
- Family Planning Association India provides services ranging from birth control to assistance to victims of gender-based violence.
- DKT, a nonprofit family planning provider, which sponsors Love Matters India’s popular advice column Ask Auntyji Anything
- TARSHI (Talking About Reproductive and Sexual Health Issues), New Delhi, India, which provides information on sexuality and reproductive health issues.
- PLAFAM, Associación Civil de Planificación Familiar, Venezuela
- IPPF, the International Planned Parenthood Federation
- World Association for Sexual Health (WAS)