RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media also offers a diverse range of career-enhancing trainings for media makers, including scheduled open courses in the Netherlands.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Course Coordinator – Tailor-made Trainings
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Vacancy number: 21-011
Purpose of the position
The Course Coordinator ensures smooth, efficient and cost-minded running of courses, with a focus on continuous improvement to the quality of overall customer experience of RNTC’s tailor-made courses. The team consists of 2 course coordinators; the other coordinator focuses on open courses.
As Course Coordinator you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking. You like to plan & organise every detail and think in solutions when facing dynamic and challenging situations.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Scheduling trainings;
- Negotiating contracts, contracting suppliers and securing personnel, location, equipment and resources for the training;
- Assessing potential for proposals and supporting proposal development from inception to submission;
- Providing information and advice on trainings to organisations and (potential) participants;
- Handling admissions and related course administration (e.g. travel arrangements, participant/attendance records, course changes, certificates, reporting);
- Preparing & updating participant information (welcome pack, signposting, website and online platforms);
- Preparing and leading information and networking events before and during the courses;
- Ensuring accreditation standards are met (NLQF, COBRK, ISO) and ensuring adherence to internal health, safety and security standards for all trainings;
- Setting up the pre-course, first week, end-of-the-course and impact evaluation for the courses, processing the results and using the outcome for improvements;
- Executing operational budget for courses, monitoring costs, approving invoices;
- Maintaining continuous communication with external and internal stakeholders on course flow
Knowledge and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- 3-5 years of experience in operations and customer support roles;
- Experience with working with international teams and international customers;
- Outstanding organisational skills;
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 6 (€ 2.849 – € 3.936). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE asap but latest on June 11th at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.