RNW Media is an international expert in co-creating digital media tools and interventions for social change. Together with our partner organisations we engage millions of young people across the globe in constructive dialogue in the digital space about what matters to them. We want to contribute to a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
RNW Media also offers a diverse range of career-enhancing trainings for media makers, including scheduled open courses in the Netherlands.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Digital Engagement Expert
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 21-013
Purpose of the position
As a Digital Engagement Expert you work in a fast-changing and international environment where you are responsible for working with partners in the optimal experience and performance of the digital channels and platforms in line with RNW Media’s strategy and objectives. Being innovative, accurate, flexible, result oriented, creative and have excellent planning & organising skills defines you.
As a Digital Engagement Expert you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking. You like to plan, organise and think of solutions when facing dynamic and challenging situations. The Digital Engagement Expert reports to the Thought Leadership Leader.
Your responsibilities will be:
As a Digital Engagement Expert you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Capturing and applying good practices (internal and external) for the further development of the user experience and performance of the digital channels
- Supporting partners in generating traffic to their digital channels and platforms, and monitoring, analysing and evaluating its impact and performance and ensuring continuous optimisation
- Identifying trends, opportunities, SEA activities and social media campaigns, and using this information to support partners in the optimisation of online channels and platforms
- Together with internal and external stakeholders, translating engagement approaches and good practices to a digital engagement strategy
Knowledge and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Commercial Economy, Digital Marketing, Communication, Multimedia design or related
- About 5 years relevant experience including working with international partners and/or clients
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through digital media
- Experience with different Social Media Platforms
- Digitally savvy; familiarity and hands-on experience including but not limited to Google Search Console, Google Analytics, digital knowledge (SEO, UX) and its use in digital engagement
- Knowledge of (innovative) on-and offline engagement tools, campaigns techniques and web development
- Fluent in English and preferably another language(Arabic and or French will be considered a plus)
- Project management experience
- Ability to turn digital information to visual products will be considered a plus
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 7 (€ 3.096,00 – € 4.332,96). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a 6 to 12 month contract, subject to renewal. Please note that we currently work remotely from home. In 2022 the offices of RNW Media will move from Hilversum to Haarlem.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply apply HERE asap but latest on August 27 at 16.00. In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- An assignment can be part of the procedure. If this is the case, you will be informed before the second-round interview;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.