Discussion forum moderator – Masaraat
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment!
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment. Masaraat, launched in April 2019 is the new Citizens’ Voice platform focusing on economic inclusion for young people in Egypt. Decent work and income are essential if young people are to be able to participate fully in their societies and realise their potential. Masaraat addresses the issues that prevent young people’s participation in the labour market and advocates for solutions to these problems.
Visit our website: https://www.masaraat.net and apply to become part of a passionate and experienced team. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as getting working experience in an international organisation.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Discussion forum (Masaraat coach) moderator – Masaraat
vacancy number 20 – 032
for our project Masaraat, based in Egypt,
minimum of 20 hours per week, on assignment
starting as soon as possible, (for three-month assignment)
contract subject to renewal in 2021
About RNW Media
RNW Media helps people speak freely, have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically – and find the information they need to make their own choices about their future. RNW Media is active in China and in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, and liaising with Masaraat editor and partnership and development coordinator, the moderator will be responsible for discussion board management and moderation to provide career counselling related services. The designer will work closely with a dedicated team consisting of online editor, social media editor, PMEL, Coordinator, program development coordinator.
- Responsible for increasing engagement, stimulating inclusive dialogue, developing positive discourse and reducing negative/hate speech.
- Answer, or finds answers, to the questions posted on the forum in an informative and non-judgmental fashion and connect users to services where applicable
- Implements the online community moderation strategy, coordinating with team to create a safe and welcoming environment to talk about Coaching, career guidance, job opportunities, and work readiness training.
- Review and moderate all comments and questions within forums, comments, and images, liaising with the team where required
- Manage the community of users and taking action where needed to ensure safe and inclusive dialogue
- Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date and effective
- Service Community Admin accounts, processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary
- Produce reports on relevant moderation statistics, issues and outcomes
- Regularly give feedback and insights gained from community moderation into the local project team
- Provide proper written career guidance and counseling in response to users’ needs and questions
- Manage and setup coaching sessions upon needed with participants. This includes meeting online/offline individually with participants to determine skill level, industry experience, and education/training needs.
- Assist with developing resumes and cover letters, identify opportunities for employment and assist with the application and interview process.
Knowledge and experience
- Proven knowledge and experience in employment and career guidance field, or a related field. Preferred to have career coaching/ counseling related certificate.
- Experience in conducting individual and group career counseling sessions
- Up to date with current affairs, employment related trends, and capacity building related opportunities.
- Excellent writing skills in simple classic Arabic
- Ability to work in an emotionally challenging role
- Ability to be neutral/non-judgmental in a highly politized and polarized space
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and able to act independently
- Working knowledge of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting; social media moderation and social media engagement etc.)
- Lives in the country of the project with working knowledge of local language
- Ability to effectively communicate information with users
- Excellent communication skills to report impact of moderation on the platform
- Strong independent worker, detail focused and reliable
- Familiar with various social media platforms and CMS’s (Drupal/WordPress)
- Flexible to work days, evening/nights, and/or weekends as and when required.
- Have consistent access to the internet and desktop or laptop.
What do we offer?
This assignment is for 20 hours per week with a contract for 3 months, subject to renewal. Fee is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying HERE.
Deadline for application: 25 September 2020
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF OR DOCX
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.
Acquisition is not appreciated.