RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change.
We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centered digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week Hybrid/Haarlem
Vacancy number: 22-015
Purpose of the position
The Finance Officer ensures a timely, accurate, reliable recording and processing of RNW Media’s financial flows. The Finance Officer reports to the CEO and works closely with the Finance lead, Accounting Coordinator and Project Controller, next to various experts across the organisation.
As a Finance Officer you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
If you are a Finance professional who has strong administrative skills, a hands-on, can-do mentality and knowledge of/experience with standard Business Administration practices, we welcome you to apply!
Your key responsibilities are:
- Ensures validation, registration, recording and processing of purchase and/or sales invoices and accounting entries in accordance with the agreed upon procedure;
- Takes part in the month-end and year-end close process including the preparation of financial statements and financial management reports under supervision of Accounting Coordinator;
- Supports Project audit and annual audits;
- Supports in updating budgets and checking expenditures and hour registration for the monthly budget meetings with Project Leads;
- Overseeing accurate allocation of eligible (organisational) costs to the projects;
- Manages and monitors advance payments/instalments, timely sends out reminders;
- Supports the review of partner reports and makes the bookings;
- Provides input for optimal (re-)design and maintenance of the financial systems and processes
Knowledge and experience
The Finance Officer has:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in relevant field;
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or equivalent or a higher education thinking and work level;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS office and financial software. Knowledge of AFAS is an asset;
- Excellent in English and solid command of Dutch;
- Proficient with finance processes, systems;
What do we offer?
An interesting and exciting position within our international operating team that offers responsibility and room for development, for 36 hours a week.
You become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals representing several countries.
We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. You will be working hybrid, from home and from our office in De Koepel in Haarlem.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 5 (€ 2.673,– – € 3.648,–). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise.
We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- Please indicate in your cover letter or CV from which date you can start;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated.