Financial Administrator – Huna Libya
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment!
Huna Libya gives a voice to young Libyan opinion-makers, bloggers, and digital creators, and actively works to build diverse communities of young people, empowering them to put sensitive issues on the national agenda. The platform engages young people on issues that concern them such as employment, quality of education, women’s rights, cultural diversity, health, migration as examples. Huna Libya’s Facebook page has a particularly active community of 317,000 fans.
Visit our website: https://hunalibya.com and apply here to become part of a passionate and experienced team. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as getting working experience in an international organization.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Vacancy number 20 – 025
For our project Huna Libya.
Based in Libya
16 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, for 6 months with potential for renewal.
About RNW Media
Huna Libya is a local project powered by RNW Media.
RNW Media helps people speak freely, have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically – and find the information they need to make their own choices about their future. RNW Media is active in China and in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world.
The financial administrator will be working closely with the team coordinator and HQ finance staff to oversee local budgets, ensure compliance with national regulations, and manage all aspects of financial administration, invoices, accounts of the project locally. The financial administrator will also prepare the financial reports and support the preparation of budgets for project grants opportunities.
What you will do
- Maintain overview of quarterly projected and actual budgets;
- Create and update daily or weekly transactions; spreadsheets;
- Keep records of invoices and payments;
- Manage local financial administration including accounts receivable and payable;
- Compliance with policy, regulations and local laws e.g. Labour laws, NGO law, any other relevant laws;
- Ensure financial compliance with established budgetary RNW Media/donor policies;
- Identify any account discrepancies and escalate to country coordinator;
- Prepare financial reports on financial metrics based on donor/RNW Media milestones and achieve approval from Headquarters in Hilversum;
- Participate in payroll processes;
- Set up of local bank account and processes;
- Support any relevant financial audit processes;
- Preparation of budgets for project grants opportunities or other financial needs.
What you need to have:
- Recognize the mission and vision of RNW Media professionally and personally;
- Minimal 3 years of proven work experience as a Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant or similar role;
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or any related field;
- Hands-on experience with accounting software;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions);
- Experience with (institutional) donors and reporting;
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures;
- Time-management and organization skills;
- Good understanding of local banking systems and regulations;
- English language proficiency;
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to keep up strict and at times tight deadlines.
- Practical and result- oriented mindset;
- Ability to work efficiently with remote teams
- This position in based in Libya.
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 16 hours per week with a contract for 6 months, subject to renewal. Fee is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying HERE.
Deadline for application: 17 July 2020.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF OR DOCX
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in. Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.
Acquisition is not appreciated.