You will be supporting our design activities and work closely with and report to the Graphic Design Coordinator.
RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging international digital environment
24 hrs/week – part time
Vacancy number: 18-029
Purpose of the position
Support design activities for RNW Media, both at corporate and programme level (RNTC Media Training, Love Matters and Citizens’ Voice).
Positioning in the organisation
This is a junior to medior position in the Communications and Stakeholders Team. You will report functionally to the Graphic Design Coordinator and hierarchically to the Communications & Stakeholders Manager.
What do you have to do?
- Support brand visual identityprocesses;
- Develop visual assets and templates forbranding and marketing; and
- Support monitoringadherence to branding
What do you need to have?
- 1-3 years graphic design experiencewith software/apps, print, web and mobile graphic design.
- MBO+ educational level;
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suitesoftware, especially Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Basic illustration skills;
- Basic data visualisation skills;
- Basic knowledge of photography (composition, colours, and photo editing) and video, knowledge of animation is a plus; and
- Excellent in English and preferably also French, basic knowledge of Dutch.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a seven-month con based on 24 hours, with potential for renewal. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before 11th January 2019.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.