RNW Media builds digital communities for social change. We dream of a world where young people in restrictive settings confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society, and shape a better future.
We support young people (18-30 years old) to come together through digital platforms—with websites, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter and other channels. Through our platforms young people get comprehensive science- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them. Your job will be to support young people on our platforms to find their voices, make informed choices and build their communities to drive social change.
We have three global programmes. Two are thematic and one focuses on capacity building. Our thematic programmes are Love Matters and Citizen’s Voice. Love Matters focuses on realising sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), and Citizen’s Voice focuses on promoting social cohesion and inclusive governance. Examples of Citizen’s Voice projects are the Burundian bloggers collective, Yaga, and the Yemen Youth Panel. The RNTC Media Training programme strengthens the knowledge and skills of bloggers, vloggers, and of professional and citizen journalists for today’s media world.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging international digital environment
32 hours/week – part time
Vacancy number: 19-013
Purpose of the position
Delivers management – and secretarial support to the CEO and to the Senior Office Manager and is the point of contact for travel arrangements for staff.
Positioning in the organisation
Reports to the Director Finance and Operations and works closely with the Senior Office Manager.
- Manages the agenda of the CEO;
- Makes travel arrangements for staff including visa letters;
- Organises meetings in terms of logistics and administrative preparation. Prepares reports of meetings and archives relevant materials. Maintains a list of and monitors progress on agreed actions;
- Handles information requests;
- Takes care of correspondence and prepares letters and presentations;
- Organises receptions and catering when applicable;
- Prepares contracts and agreements and archives originals;
Knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Secretarial education at MBO- plus level;
- Excellent in Dutch and English and preferably working knowledge of French;
- Extensive experience in delivering administrative/secretarial support to management;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS- Office;
- Knowledge of modern archiving and documentation methods;
- Thorough understanding of internal regulations and procedures and the practical use of those;
- Good communication and social skills;
- Sensitive for corporate relationships;
- Able to interpret decisions on strategic level;
- Able to work and deliver under pressure, to set priorities and to deal with changing circumstances.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing several countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 32 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation & benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
- You can complete the application form (CV and Cover letter in PDF) below before 5th of April 2019.
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
- If we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
- It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
- Acquisition is not appreciated.