RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centered digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
We partner with diverse changemakers such as civil society organisations operating internationally and locally, formal and informal media makers, human rights activists, academia, digital networks, the private sector and others, to accelerate their work and achieve bigger impact. We co-create digital solutions such as inclusive digital media engagement approaches and content that enable young people to make informed decisions, act for change and contribute to the achievement of the SDGs most relevant to them. With our capacity strengthening efforts we provide unique and contextualised learning experiences on the use of media for social change to both individuals and organisations. Through our international network members and engagement with diverse participants in our courses, we are able to learn from each other and adapt to the most relevant developments across the globe.
We are looking for a Partnership Coordinator
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
Purpose of the position
The Partnership Coordinator develops and coordinates strategic partnerships with key accounts (donors, INGOs, network members and country partners like CSOs and media outlets, and others) with whom RNW Media co-creates projects and interventions. These partnerships enable RNW Media to generate income and have an impact; this means RNW Media is a financially sustainable digital media non-profit reaching its goal that by 2030, through digital media, globally one billion young people can make informed decisions, advance their rights and positively affect their societies.
Positioning in the organisation
The Partnership Coordinator reports to the Partnership Management Leader and works closely with various experts across the organisation.
The Partnership Coordinator:
- Is responsible for the account management of strategic partners such as donors, INGOs, CSOs, media partners and others that enable RNW Media to generate income and / or implement projects;
- Develops and coordinates annual account management plans per strategic partner and sets targets on income generation and joint impact;
- Actively explores funding opportunities for RNW Media and its partners;
- Is responsible for coordinating the development of proposals; from the co-creation of project ideas with small multi-disciplinary teams to the project design and intervention logic, proposal writing and budgeting;
- Is responsible for the coordination of the implementation of (smaller) projects with partners;
- Actively involves RNW Media’s network members (of in-country CSOs or media partners) in proposal development and project implementation;
- Works with experts from both the capacity strengthening and thought leadership clusters to develop winning proposals based on innovative project ideas and ensure quality implementation with high satisfaction rates;
- Positions and represents RNW Media as the go-to-expert on digital media, data for development and the engagement of young people at international (development) events like conferences and in panels;
- Follows the international development agenda with relevant (SDGs) expertise to be able to respond to major events and new priorities where RNW Media’s approach can accelerate the impact of the changemakers we work with.
Knowledge and experience
The Partnership Coordinator has:
- A Master’s Degree in International Development, Media Studies or related field;
- Fluent in English and preferably in one of these languages; Arabic, French, Spanish;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal but especially in writing;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in turning project ideas into winning proposals and strategic account management;
- A proven track record in project management and implementation;
- Experience working with partners across the world; preferably in one or more of these regions; MENA, West Africa/Sahel, East Africa, Eastern Neighbourhood Countries, (Central) Americas;
- Knowledge of the SDGs, the human rights and digital rights framework, freedom of expression agenda and expertise in youth engagement.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 7 (€3.204,84- – € 4.485,96-). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries as we are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We also encourage interested candidates who may not meet all criteria to apply – we value team members who are eager to learn and grow.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
Please apply HERE by submitting your CV and cover letter before April 21st, 2023.
In your application letter outline demonstrable examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. An assignment can be part of the procedure.
We will recruit on a rolling basis, which means when our roles open, they will fill up on a first come first served basis.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.