RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change. We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centred digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat. Connecting with young people through digital media is instrumental in our approach to achieving sustainable, inclusive, and stable societies by 2030.
We are looking for a Programme Lead
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week, starting asap
RNW Media is part of a consortium funded by The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs as part of the ‘Strategic Partnerships’. This multi-year, multi-country programme with partners in the Netherlands and across Asia and Africa enables young people in all their diversity to enjoy their SRHR in gender-just societies. Through access to information on- and offline, young people, especially girls, women and LGBTQIA+ are empowered to make decisions about their sexuality, voice their needs and claim their rights. As a Programme Lead and member of the PT (project team) of the consortium you will manage the realization of the agreed upon programme objectives through coordination and handling of all organizational and programme-administrative matters, including necessary implementation activities. You are aware of your environment and are able to communicate with people at different levels and from various backgrounds. You are passionate about the work we do, can make decisions and are a great colleague to work with. Keeping a birds-eye view is something that defines you.
Purpose of the position
The Programme Lead manages the design and execution of a multi-year (multi-country) programme for which funding is secured from a donor and makes sure that, with a multi-disciplinary team, the programme becomes a success by accelerating the impact of the changemakers (country partners) RNW Media works with while being responsible for donor reporting and relations and consortium management.
Positioning in the organisation
The Programme Lead reports to the Leadership Team, works with a cross-cluster, multidisciplinary team of colleagues.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Leadership Team and key stakeholders on programme management looking at planning, implementation, finance and organizational matters;
- Manage programme scope and objectives (based on the donor contract) and design activities and milestones in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and country partner(s) and (if applicable) other consortium members;
- Develop and monitor budget and planning;
- Define and monitor the collection of metrics to measure progress in collaboration with M&E expert;
- Ensure alignment between scope, planning, budget, impact and RNW Media strategy;
- Develop a solid collaboration structure with the consortium and the team and provide clarity and agreement about all roles and responsibilities in the team;
- Support product and service owners in the team to co-create with country partners and work on milestones by providing programme context, country partner information and expected output, outcome and impact within the programme;
- Identify, track, manage and resolve programme issues;
- Inform the Leadership Team about programme progress and consult for strategic decisions;
- Ensure qualitative and timely reporting to donors and/or partners;
- Coordinate and analyse review meetings, capture the success/mistakes, learn and improve and distribute lessons learned;
- Ensure efficient and effective internal (RNW Media) and external (donor, country partners, consortium members) communication to share progress and insights and seeks opportunities beyond the programme scope to ensure sustainability of the programme and/or increase the impact;
- Supports general strategic and operational activities of RNW Media.
What you bring
- A Master’s Degree;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project management in an international setting;
- Hands on experience in using project management tools including agile methodologies;
- Experience or understanding of social change and/or behaviour change through media;
- Fluent in English and preferably in French and/or Arabic
- Good writing and presentation skills
What do we offer?
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 9 (€3.833,16- – € 5.513,10-). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise. We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. We are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age.
How to apply?
Please apply HERE by submitting your CV and cover letter before May 19th, 2023.
In your application letter outline demonstrable examples of how you meet the requirements of the role. An assignment can be part of the procedure.
We will recruit on a rolling basis, which means when our roles open, they will fill up on a first come first served basis.
Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.