RNW Media is an international digital media organisation, working for social change.
We believe in a world in which young people, in all their diversity, confidently claim their rights, assume their place in society and drive social change. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of changemakers by co-creating youth-centered digital media solutions built on data insights and mutual learning experiences. We work with those who, like us, want to unleash the potential of young people aged 15 to 30, using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to young people as our compass.
The inclusive digital and learning solutions we co-create aim to accelerate change; in behaviour, attitudes, social norms and policies. We work in countries where the human rights of young people are under threat.
We are proud to have 75 years of experience in the media sector, over 50 years as a training centre and more than 10 years in building digital solutions with and for young people.
RNW Media is looking for a:
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
36 hours/week Hybrid/Haarlem
Purpose of the position
The Project Controller is responsible for the financial streamlining of projects. This includes supporting and advising project leads on planning, budgeting, contract management and administration.
The Project Controller is involved in the complete project cycle; budgeting for proposals at the initiation stage, creating reporting templates at the starting phase, making budget progress reports and discussing progress with Project Leads on a regular basis during the implementation phase, and sending financials reports to donors including handling project audits at the end of a project.
As a Project Controller you embrace a 21st mindset with a focus on Entrepreneurship, Initiative, Flexibility, Ownership, Communication, Social and Cultural Awareness, Curiosity, Quality and Critical Thinking.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Creating, monitoring, analysing and evaluating project budgets in accordance with the finance and control cycle: structuring budgets to monitor expenditures and reallocations as well as to deliver essential data/KPI, updating expenditures,
- Coordination and advising Project Leads: on project spending, flagging irregularities such as under- or
- Delivering project related data & project results for organisational budgeting: data on project performance and progress as input for Forecasts & income, Project settlements, ensuring match with AFAS
- Project reporting: preparing & delivering project reports and closing projects
- Donor compliance: contracts, rules and regulations
- Project audits: preparation and closure
- Contributing to improvement of Finance department’s efficiency and its processes: templates, procedures, guidelines, manuals, procurement, due diligence
- Project documents administration: filing and booking all relevant documents and information related to the projects.
- Capacity building of local partners on project reporting and related topics.
Knowledge and experience
The Project Controller has:
- At least five years of experience in financial administration and financial project management in an international context.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics, Finance, Business Administration or A Master’s degree is considered an asset.
- Experience with setting up financial administration processes and financial reporting to sponsors/donors.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and Financial Knowledge of AFAS is considered an asset.
- Excellent in English and solid command of Dutch;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing;
- Proficient with business processes, systems, control policies and control frameworks;
- Ability to work with complex data sets, systems and advanced level of manipulation. Experience in using data retrieval including MIS tools and
What do we offer?
An interesting and exciting position within our international operating team that offers responsibility and room for development, for 36 hours a week.
You become part of a young and multi-cultural team of highly skilled professionals representing several countries.
We are a flexible project-based centre of expertise where you work in multidisciplinary teams. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality of work. You will be working hybrid, from home and from our office in De Koepel in Haarlem.
At RNW Media we have a competitive Compensation & Benefits package. This job is graded in salary scale 6 (€ 2.949,– – € 4.074,–). Your salary will be dependent on experience and expertise.
We offer a one year contract, subject to renewal.
As RNW Media, we are committed to reflecting the young people for whom we work. We aim to build as diverse a team as possible, whether it be in relation to gender, ethnicity, sexual identity or age. People originally from the regions where we work, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America are particularly welcome to apply.
How to apply?
- Apply HERE In your application letter outline demonstrable examples how you meet the requirements of the role;
- Please indicate in your cover letter or CV from which date you can start;
- Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered.
Acquisition is not appreciated and will not be responded to.