Project Coordinator Safety & Security
RNW Media is an international organisation that builds digital communities for social change. We use online media to engage young people (15-30 years old) on sensitive and oftentaboo subjects – from love, sex and relationships to civic participation. Through our platforms, young people get comprehensive evidence- and rights-based information and a safe space to focus on their aspirations and engage in constructive dialogue about what really matters to them.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Project Coordinator Safety & Security
In a challenging, international and dynamic environment
Vacancy number: 19-041
As our Project Coordinator Safety & Security, you work in a fast-changing and international environment. You are pragmatic, pro-active, impact-driven and open-minded. You coordinate and handle all organisational, and Safety & Security project-administrative matters, including necessary implementation activities.
Positioning in the organisation
The Project Coordinator Safety & Security is a position within the Finance & Operations Department and you will report to the Director of Finance & Operations.
What you will be doing
As Project Coordinator Safety & Security you are, among other things, responsible for:
- Acting as first point of contact and liaison for stakeholders (internal and external) with regard to the planning, organisational issues and implementation processes of RNW Media’s Safety & Security policies and objectives;
- Identifying needs and wishes and translating these into solutions;
- Analysing, documenting and processing of lessons learned, which you use to further develop our Safety & Security procedures and processes;
- Coordinating and monitoring strategic project planning including reporting;
- Documenting the Safety & Security approach, objectives, processes and keeping them up-to-date;
- Monitoring the progress and deadlines of outstanding activities, identifying (potential) problems and acting upon them;
What you need to have
Your pro-active way of working means you are a real team player and makes you a truly valued colleague. Besides this, you have a hands-on mentality, are accurate and have excellent planning and organisational skills.
You also have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. A master’s degree is a plus;
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience in international development and working with international teams;
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written;
- Fluency in English, Knowledge of Arabic, Chinese or French is considered an asset.
What do we offer?
Working at RNW Media is much more than a job. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, you support young people to drive social change. You also become part of a young and multi-cultural team of professionals representing a variety of countries, working both in Hilversum and in our focus countries. We have an informal and flexible work structure that emphasises wellbeing as much as it does quality work. You also get to work in an office with a great green space right up against a national forest. The Hilversum Media Park train station is less than a 15-minute walk. We offer a one-year contract based on 16 hours per week. The position has a competitive compensation and benefits package aligned with the sector.
How to apply?
NGO recruit is responsible for the selection procedure on behalf of RNW Media. You can express your interest in this position by sending your CV and motivation letter to Dela Atubra ([email protected]) before 15th of November. Only applicants with a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands will be considered. Applications will be processed as they come in so if we appoint a suitable candidate before closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and if you have not yet heard from us, your application remains active.
Acquisition is not appreciated.