Video Editor ‘Huna Libya’
Working together with RNW Media is much more than an assignment.
Huna Libya gives a voice to young influential Libyan opinion-makers, bloggers, and digital creators, and actively works to build diverse communities of young people, empowering them to put sensitive issues on the national agenda. The platform engages young people on issues such as quality of education, women’s rights, cultural diversity and acceptance of the other, migration and asylum in Libya. Huna Libya’s Facebook page has a particularly active community of 312,000 fans.
Visit our website: https://hunalibya.com and apply here to become part of a passionate and experienced team. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills as well as getting working experience in an international organisation.
RNW Media is looking for a:
Vacancy number : 20-004
for our project Huna Libya.
Based in Libya
40 hours per week on assignment
starting as soon as possible, for one year with potential for renewal.
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the video editor will work closely with a dedicated team consisting of online editor, social media editor, PMEL, online moderator and coordinator, as well as a network of experts, contributors and vloggers.
About RNW Media
RNW Media helps people speak freely, have conversations about what really matters to them – both personally and politically – and find the information they need to make their own choices about their future. RNW Media is active in China and in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world.
About Huna Libya
Huna Libya is a youth platform for blogging and new media in Libya, powered by RNW Media. Huna Libya seeks to create a safe space for healthy dialogue among young Libyans in all their intellectual, political and ethnic backgrounds, for an interconnected and open society. In addition, Huna Libya is working on encouraging change makers and influencers to communicate their voices and visions and to express their future aspirations. Huna Libya also publishes weekly inspiring success stories of young Libyans seeking change.
- Develop, facilitate and produce regular engaging video content on the websites and social media to support projects goals for social change using storytelling techniques, including social experiments videos;
- Contribute to all major online and editorial social media campaigns on emerging platforms;
- Edit video content from contributors in line with editorial policies;
- Work with online editor to develop and implement project specific content strategy ;
- Maximize the performance and impact of the website to reach annual target and KPI’s;
- Set agenda and participate in editorial meetings to discuss, review past videos and brainstorm for upcoming themes and events;
- Coordinate video content and themes with the social media editor;
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job;
- Other responsibilities assigned by project coordinator related to video.
Knowledge and experience
- Recognize the mission and vision of RNW Media professionally and personally; feel comfortable on the sensitive topics of program RNW Media is working on in different regions;
- Must have an affinity with and knowledge about our young audience (18-30);
- Minimal 3 years’ proven working experience in video making; editing and producing content; online journalism and technical video experience;
- Significant experience in short-form videos (1-3 minutes);
- Outstanding writing and video scripting ability; Excellent sense of pace and timing, with a flair for strong visuals and efficient storytelling;
- Creativity, good presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to manage a network freelancers and contributors;
- Ability to keep up strict and at times tight deadlines;
- Practical and result- oriented mindset;
- Excellent in Arabic language and English (language of Headquarters);
- Ability to produce real-time videos.
What do we offer?
The assignment is for 40 hours per week with a contract for one year, subject to renewal.
Salary is based on experience and expertise.
How to apply?
Send us a CV with portfolio and verifiable references and a 1-page motivation letter, in English, by applying HERE before 25 January 2020.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ONLY UPLOAD FILES THAT ARE EITHER IN PDF;
- Acquisition is not appreciated;
- Applicants will be reviewed as they come in.
Due to the large number of applications we are likely to receive, unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every application. Only candidates that are selected for the interview phase will be notified.